Navigator and Adventurers, We will be having an overnight camp out at David and Cheryl Barkley's property on Oct. 26th - Oct. 27th. This will be a light event on personal property;
Navigator and Adventurers,
We will be having an overnight camp out at David and Cheryl Barkley’s property on Oct. 26th – Oct. 27th.
This will be a light event on personal property; it would be a great opportunity to “kick things off” and get an overnight even under our belts that we can learn from.
- For activities, we will be launching the rockets Saturday during the day. So be sure to have your son bring his rocket to the overnight camp out. We will have a second launch event for the trail men that were unable to attend the outing as well.
- Friday evening, time permitting, we will be working on the 550 Cord Handle for those that have a troop standard for those that have one. So be sure to have your son bring his standard.
- We will also be completing portions of the Camping and Outdoor Cooking badges.
- Be sure your son brings all personal gear: Sleeping bag, clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, medications, etc.
- We will be purchasing food based on the menu they chose so we ask that, unless there are medical reasons, not to bring additional food. Our menu is:
- Friday dinner- Foil meals with Kielbasa sausage, potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers and bread
- Friday dessert – Apple Cobbler
- Saturday breakfast – Eggs, sausage, potatoes, oranges, bread
- Saturday lunch – Chicken Noodle soup – Chicken, noodles, onions, celery, carrots,broth and bread
Please contact me if there are additional concerns or questions
26 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 27 (Saturday) 3:00 pm CST
David and Cheryl Barkley
1141 Zuehi Crossing La Vernia, TX 78121